Welcome to Migrate 2 Oz | A Premier Australian Migration Consultancy

Visit Us

Mon-Fri: 9.00-17.00

australian skilled visa immigration

Australian Skilled Visas

Want to work and live in Australia? You might be able to apply for an Australian Skilled Visa if you are a qualified professional or tradesperson with the right kind of work experience.

People who aren’t sponsored by an employer can use the General Skilled Australian Migration program (have a job offer from an Australian company). Applicants must be 18 or older and not older than 45. They must also be good at speaking English, have recent relevant skilled work experience, and have qualifications that are the same as Australian standards.

Basic Requirements for an Australian Skilled Visa

You must;

  • Be under 45 years of age
  • Nominate an occupation on the appropriate skills list
  • Meet the relevant English language criteria
  • Meet Australia’s health requirement
  • Meet the legislated points score

Skilled Migrant Visa Categories

Migrate 2 Oz focuses mostly on Australian skilled visas that give permanent residence right away or a safe way to get permanent residence. These visas are;

The Australian government often revises the occupational eligibility lists for its skilled visa programs. The following are the two skilled lists that are applicable to the following subclasses: 189, 190, and 491

This single alphabetical list of the eligible skilled occupations to determine which visa program may be available to you can be found on the Department’s website.

Other Australian Skilled Visa Categories

The following Australian skilled visas are also available to individuals who are qualified to work or train in an eligible skilled occupation in Australia and can meet all other requirements:

  • Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)*
  • Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
  • Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
  • Training visa (subclass 407)
  • Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
  • Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
  • Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) 491 Visa*

In order to determine which visa program may be available to you depending on your occupation, we recommend that you take our free online visa assessment. This is a critical and fundamental component of applying successfully for the best possible visa.

Free Online Visa Assessment

Are you ready to take the next step?

Complete our free online skilled visa assessment and we will provide free advice on your visa eligibility, visa options, and the next key steps.