Requirements for Skilled Migration to Australia
The General Skilled Australian Migration program is for people who are not sponsored by an employer (have a job offer from an Australian company). Applicants must be over 18 and under 45 years of age, with good English language ability, recent relevant skilled work experience and qualifications that are equivalent to Australian standard.
- be under 45 years of age
- nominate an occupation on the appropriate skills list
- meet the relevant English language criteria
- meet Australia’s health requirement
- meet the legislated points score
The following visas are available to individuals who are qualified to work or train in an eligible skilled occupation in Australia and can meet all other requirements:
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) visa (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa (subclass 187)*
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Training visa (subclass 407)
- Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa (subclass 482)
- Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
Migrate 2 Oz focuses primarily on visas which provide immediate permanent residence (subclass 189, subclass 190) or a secure pathway to obtain permanent residence (subclass 489).
Lists of eligible skilled occupations are continually updated by the Australian Government. The two skilled lists relevant to subclass 189, subclass 190 and subclass 489 are the;