Welcome to Migrate 2 Oz | A Premier Australian Migration Consultancy

Visit Us

Mon-Fri: 9.00-17.00

Australian Migration Program 2023-24

01/08/2023BY Migrate 2 Oz

Understanding the Australian Migration Program 2023-24: A Comprehensive Overview

The Australian Migration Program 2023-24 offers a glimpse into the nation’s approach to welcoming migrants from around the globe. Australia has long been a coveted destination due to its high living standards, robust healthcare and education systems, and a society that celebrates diversity and inclusion. This program plays a pivotal role in managing the steady flow of newcomers while meeting the country’s socio-economic needs. In this overview, we’ll spotlight the key features of the 2023-24 Migration Program and the unique opportunities it presents for individuals and families aiming to call Australia home.

Australian Migration Program 2023-24: Key Highlights

For the year 2023-24, the Australian Migration Program is set to offer 190,000 places, maintaining consistency with the previous year’s allocations. The program is compartmentalised into skilled migration (70%), family migration, and special eligibility migration, with the latter two sharing the remaining 30% of the slots.

Notable Changes in Australian Migration Program 2023-24

Several pivotal changes are introduced in the Australian Migration Program 2023-24. These encompass an increase in slots for skilled migration, the introduction of novel visa categories, and a general augmentation in migrant intake. These amendments aim to bolster Australia’s appeal to skilled and talented individuals crucial for economic growth and stability.

Increment in Overall Intake

The Australian government has sanctioned an increase in the total migrant intake for the 2023-24 program, responding to the escalating demand for skilled labor and economic stimulation needs.

Prioritising Skilled Migration

A substantial segment of the program’s intake continues to be earmarked for skilled migration, acknowledging the invaluable contribution of skilled migrants to the Australian labor market.

Advocacy for Regional Migration

The Australian Migration Program 2023-24 accentuates regional migration to address labor shortages and counter population decline in Australia’s regional areas.

Visa Categories: Australian Migration Program 2023-24

Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189)

This category is tailored for skilled workers without sponsorship from employers, states, territories, or family members, offering permanent residency in Australia.

Employer-Sponsored Visas

The 2023-24 program encapsulates various employer-sponsored visas, including Temporary Skill Shortage (subclass 482) and Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186), both providing pathways to permanent residency with employer sponsorship.

Family Visas

Family visa categories are also incorporated, facilitating the migration of eligible family members sponsored by Australian citizens or permanent residents.

Australian Migration Program 2023-24: Impact Assessment

Skilled Workers

Skilled workers stand to gain substantially from the program’s amplified focus on skilled migration.

Regional Areas

Regional areas are poised to benefit significantly from the emphasis on regional migration, addressing labor shortages and fostering economic growth.


Family visa categories under the program facilitate family reunifications, offering avenues for families to establish lives together in Australia.


The Australian Migration Program 2023-24 is designed to offer a myriad of opportunities for potential migrants. With a careful allocation of visa categories aimed at skilled professionals, families, and various other groups, the program is attentive to the diverse needs of different sectors in Australia. Its focus on skilled migration and regional development is especially noteworthy, aimed at addressing specific labour market needs and fostering robust economic growth in regional areas.

Navigating through the intricacies of the visa application process can indeed be challenging. With accurate information and expert guidance, however, the pathway to securing a life and career in Australia becomes significantly clearer and more accessible.

Take Your First Step:

Considering a move to Australia? Your journey begins with understanding your eligibility and exploring the visa options available to you. Take the first decisive step by completing a Free Online Visa Assessment. Secure your future today by taking the assessment, and explore the opportunities waiting for you Down Under.

Do You Qualify For An Australian Visa?

We're here to help. Take control of your future today by completing our Free Online Visa Assessment and find out if you're eligible to apply and let's start your journey together.