Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
The Subclass 190 Skilled Nominated Visa gives permanent residency to points-tested skilled individuals who have been nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency to live and work in Australia.
In order to be eligible for the subclass 190 visa you must;
- be under 45 years of age
- nominate an occupation on the appropriate skills list
- meet the relevant English language criteria
- meet Australia’s health requirement
- meet the legislated points score
What does "nominated" mean?
Each state or territory has a list of occupations in demand. You can apply to be sponsored in just one state or territory or you can choose to apply to all of them.
Should you accept nomination you may be required to:
- live in the sponsored state or territory for a specified amount of time.
- advise the state or territory of your address, both before and after your arrival in Australia.
- be prepared to complete surveys and provide other post-arrival information as requested.
- meet any other stipulated requirements.