Changes To The AITSL Skills Assessment Process As Of 1 May 2019.
As of 1 May 2019, the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) have made the following changes to their Skills Assessment Process.
These changes include:
- Skills Assessment and Employment Assessment are now separated and will have to be done individually.
- We will need a positive Skills Assessment to lodge an Employment Assessment.
- All Applications are now completed online and are no longer paper-based (We do not require originals).
- Skills Assessment Submission will now cost $830 AUD and will take around 10 Weeks to receive an outcome.
- Once we receive a Positive Skills we are able to apply for the Employment Assessment which will cost $230 AUD and will take around 5 Weeks to receive the outcome.
- Payment is made as we lodge (instead of once AITSL receives it).
We will no longer need Original Documentation, everything may be sent as a clear colour copy via email.
What is the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership? (AITSL)
The Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) is the skills assessing authority for school teacher occupations for Australia’s skilled migration program.
It is one step in the wider skilled migration process administered by the Department of Home Affairs. Occupations subject to skills assessment are listed on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).